Writing because we don't have anything better to do.

Writing because we don't have anything better to do.

Monday, December 20, 2010

The Wander Years (Pt. 1)

Ok.. Here it is, something most of us high school alums can agree with.  "What am I going to do with my life."  That my friends is a major question most of us ask ourselves after we get off of that 'Graduation' high. These are probably some of the lines you have heard, repeated, or witnessed;  Do I want to move out? Do I want to do something significant in my life? I'll go to school to be a nurse, I want to make money off of  my body (Model ya pervs), I'm going to move in with my boyfriend/fiancée and we're having a baby. I need fifty bucks to sign up to a class, its a unique business venture. I'll go look for a job after Family Guy. These are mere samples of the true words that get said during the 'Wander Years.'  The WYs are a period for about two to three years after a high school graduation or grade school completion, where young adults learn to develop skills and attributes that can help them achieve success in the 'Real World.' I know, I am abusing quotes here, but finding the right methods through the WYs are somewhat difficult.  Some parental guidance is good, as long as you are not pissing them off. If you are, how's living at your friends house going? Ok here is the deal, seven times out of ten, friends are cool with the move in, but you only have a three month grace period (if it's for free). Figure it out, the whole point of the WYs is to draw out a plan (or five) to follow, if one goes down use the back-up.  But for some reason there is always that one person that you meet, during the WYs that makes you want to throw out plans A thru Z....

To be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment